Grown in the wet regions of Vietnam, grass straws are an excellent alternative to single-use plastic. Made from grey sedge grass called Lepironia Articulata, the plant is naturally hollow and does not require any transformation to be used as a straw. The processes of making these grass straws is entirely manual and gives employment to the local people living in the rural area.
- Origin: Vietnam
- Ingredient: 100% Lepironia Articulata grass
- Home compostable
- Not harmful to wildlife, the environment or the ecosystem
- Single-use in cafes and restaurants
- Diameter of 5 to 6mm / length of 20cm
- Shelf life 12 months – store in a dry and cool place
Lasts for 5 hours+ in cold and hot drinks. This straw becomes flexible when wet.